Sunday, August 30, 2009

right around the corner

The Halloween issue of Country Living has arrived. It appeared in my mailbox on Saturday. I sat right down and started looking through it. I like everything about Halloween. The colors, the witches, the goblins, Frankenstein, spiders, costumes, black cats, Jack-O-Lanterns, scarecrows, candy, candy corn, caramel apples etc. etc. They are selling Halloween candy at the grocery store right now. That means that Autumn is right around the corner. Red and yellow leaves on trees, the sun with its yellow orange glow, pumpkins, apples, cider, cornstalks, wearing sweaters, jeans and boots. Making soup, stews, chili, comfort foods. There are recipes in this issue for pumpkin chowder, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin bread, macaroni and cheese and many more.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Halloween too! It is my favorite holiday and I can not wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine on Saturday too! As soon as I saw the picture on the front, I thought of you! As much as I hate to admit it, I love that Fall is coming...the only problem is, I know what comes next...the dreaded.....s***!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about Fall. I love it. But like someone else posted....I am not so excited about what comes next!

    ReplyDelete