Sunday, July 11, 2010

lavender fest

What do you do when a friend asks if you want to go to a lavender fest?  Why, you say yes! After a wonderful drive along scenic Skaneateles Lake we arrived at the Lockwood Farm Lavender Fest.  The sun was shining and the skies were blue with white puffy clouds. The smell of lavender was everywhere. Upon arriving we went straight to the tent of our friend Cindy from Hidden Pond Farm to say hi and see her way cool handmade jewelry.  I wanted to buy everything but once again tried to restrain myself.  Well, her jewelry is so beautiful I had to buy a necklace and a bracelet.  So much for restraining myself.  So, I'll have to be frugal the next two weeks until my next paycheck.  After we were done cutting the lavender we walked down to the barn and watched the sheep coming in from the field.  The owner of the farm Karen Lockwood went into the barn and came out with a black baby lamb.  How cute!!  I'm so glad I said yes to the Lavender Fest invite and look forward to next year!!



The doors on the farm house are painted purple.


Vendors.


Cindy of Hidden Pond Farm 
and her way cool jewelry.


Cutting lavender.


Cooling off in the shade.


The sheep were so funny running
and bleating at us.


 Look at the little lamb.  How cute!
 
 Karen Lockwood and a cutie pie
black lamb named Blanket.


If you want to see more pictures of the
Lavender Fest go to Hidden Pond Farm

1 comment:

  1. Did you hear Karen or maybe it was Cindy, that said the lamb's name is 'Blanket'? How darn cute! I had a wonderful time and I'm so glad we decided to go! We'll have to put it on the calendar for next year!
    **Tami

    ReplyDelete