Sunday, April 18, 2010

couch potato

I spent the whole day yesterday vegging inside.  I did some things around the house, washed some clothes, and watched a lot of  TV.  I haven't sat down and watched a whole movie in a long time.  Yesterday, wow TCM had a mother lode of good flicks waiting to be watched.  I started out with "The Computer wore Tennis Shoes".  This is a Disney movie from 1969 with a young Kurt Russell playing a college student who becomes electrocuted when working on the computer and then his brain becomes a computer.  Of, course that leads to all kinds of crazy stuff.  I didn't know they had computers in 1969. Kurt is so cute!  He still is.  Goldie is so lucky to have him.


After that I watched the end of the Yankees vs. Texas game. The Yankees (my favorite team) won!   Yankees are in first place!! Let's go Yankees!!

Then I made a bowl of popcorn.

Ok, next movie was "Take me out to the Ballgame" very fitting after watching the Yankee game. This was a musical starring Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Esther Williams and Betty Garrett. This movie was made in 1949.  Gene Kelly, good looking and what a dancer. Frank Sinatra, so skinny, not too good looking but he can sing and dance.  Esther Williams, very good looking and a great body from all that swimming.  Betty Garrett, a cute and fun gal.  Spoiler alert: In the end they win the big game, Gene and Frank get the girls and they all live happily ever after.


There were more movies on - "Bang the Drum Slowly" another baseball movie starring Robert DeNiro.  That was a more serious movie so I passed on that I had to make dinner.  Later that night "Strangers on a Train" a Hitchcock movie with Farley Granger and Robert Walker, mystery and suspense.  I recorded it to watch later.  I didn't think I could stay up that late and watch the whole movie.  So I opted to watch "Law and Order".  It was one I never seen before.  Finding a "Law and Order" that I haven't seen is like finding gold.  Well, that was the end of my day I was getting very sleepy.

A good day to be a veggie.

2 comments:

  1. I adore Law and Order! Sounds like the kind of day you needed. I know I do sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always cheer if I happen to find an unseen L&O ~ it's a rare find!

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. It took me 20 minutes to sign in tonight due to my email situation :(

    ReplyDelete