Sunday, May 17, 2009

throw another log on the fire













OMG is it ever going to warm up? We just spent the weekend camping at Westcott Beach State Park. Saturday morning we had rain, thunderstorms but the temperature was a little warm - but today Yikes!! Westcott Beach State Park is located on Lake Ontario. We could hear the sound of the howling wind and the waves crashing on the shore all night. Thankfully our site was not at the beach. That would have been very scary and cold. I rode my bicycle down to the dumpster to throw out the trash. The waves on the water were so big it looked like the ocean. The wind was bitterly cold. My hands were freezing. A tent at a beach site was wrapped around a tree. Someone's party boat had washed up against the shore. We left to come home and hopefully warmer weather and less wind - my hopes were dashed the cold and wind followed us home. The house was so cold we had to turn on the heat. A frost is predicted for tonight and tomorrow night. I ask again is it ever going to warm up? Brrr.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, I hear ya! We came home from Ohio this afternoon and I wondered where all the heat went?? It was sunny and seemed warm, but the wind whipped around and I was cold!!! Geez...(quote)is it ever going to warm up? Tami

    ReplyDelete