I have always loved shopping at second hand stores. It's the thrill of finding something almost new in amongst the cast-offs. It also gives me, who loves clothes, a way of having a lot of them without having to pay big dollars. When I was young and bringing up a child by myself it was a necessity. I lived with secondhand furniture, clothes, accessories for many years. I was into recycling way before it was cool. I believe it is in my blood. As a child my Aunt Julia always told people that she got her clothing, purses, etc. at Sally's. We never knew what she was talking about or where this mysterious Sally's store was located. She finally revealed to us one day that she bought her things at the Salvation Army. So, yesterday I was in the mood and stopped into my local Rescue Mission and came home with 2 red sweaters and a bracelet with snowflake charms for $14.00.



No comments:
Post a Comment