On a trip to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning I bought a bushel of butter and sugar corn - 65 ears - $14.00. Last year the same amount of corn cost me $12.00. Prices have gone up. So today was preparing the corn to last me until next year. I shuck the corn, cook the corn for 10 minutes, cut up the corn and put the corn into freezer bags. Sixty five ears of corn, two cups in each bag gives me 20 bags. I don't like canned corn - yuk or the corn that you buy frozen - but I do love corn. There is nothing like good butter and sugar corn with a little butter and salt in the middle of winter or a bowl of Corn Chowder. You can find a recipe for Corn Chowder from the DINOSAUR BAR-B-QUE Restaurant in Syracuse, NY here. While we are talking corn I'm going to share some of the corny things that I have collected.
Corn sign.
Clabber Girl Corn Starch container.
Corn mug.
Spoon rest.
Corn plates, corn holders, salt and pepper shakers.
I picked these up at an antique shop in Tennessee.
Corn butter dish, butter spreader, more corn plates
and salt and pepper shakers.
Corn holders.
Salt and pepper shakers.
Dish towel.
I hope you enjoyed my corny post!
Hey! They're cute! Your 'linkwithin' after your post has a link to your post last year of the leaf sweater you bought. Won't be long before you wear that, huh?
ReplyDeleteYou are the Corniest person I know ! Happy Retirement !
ReplyDelete